Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    kenel
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Possibly unrelated? Maybe, but from this stake holder's perspective things have changed, and not for the better.
    Go for it bud, you can be captain of the blockchain.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Possibly unrelated? Maybe, but from this stake holder's perspective things have changed, and not for the better.
    I realize it's probably best not to feed the trolls, but I'm a little confused by this.

    I'm looking at the chart, and I'm seeing price discovery happen on decreasing volume. So as a 'stake holder', you're responsible for making that happen. That's how economics work: Holding coins creates selling pressure which drives the price down. This is a very well understood aspect of economics and it's well documented.

    Also, as a stake holder, and therefore investor, it most definitely your responsibility to safe-guard the long term value of your investment. That means constantly using it, spending it, keeping the coins moving, and driving volume and adoption, because that's the only way you'll ever going to see demand drive the price up against the inflation schedule. Investors promote the services they're reliant upon to make their ROI. They don't sit in forums and snipe easy targets, they bust their ass to make it profitable. It seems to me that if the price is going down it's because you're a shitty investor, not because someone stopped using a silly title. Not once, under his watch, has there been a single issue with the blockchain. Not a one. Meanwhile other volunteers continue to write code and develop new services.

    Kenel volunteers to assist a small team of volunteers to ensure the integrity of the blockchain, and he's doing a fantastic job of that. He acts as a cohesive force, a voice of constant reason, a welcoming committee, an arbiter of disputes, a logician, economist, and entertainer. He's constantly on Slack, talking to the people who are actively involved in it's development, helping to coordinate their involvement, bringing new people on board and championing the open source model of development.

    He is NOT responsible for artificially propping up it's price, nor would any of us want him to. He's not promised to make you rich (at least that I'm aware of) and if he has then I'm sure he probably regrets it now as he's come to realize that his job is one of curator, not pack mule.

    If things have changed, and it's not for the better, then do something about it. You're a stake holder, try driving some volume through the exchanges instead of whining about how you made a shitty investment decision and then didn't support it properly and now you lost your shirt. Want to see some new services? Try using your coin to pay a developer what he's due instead of expecting someone to come along and do the work for free you're unwilling to get your hands dirty and do yourself. Want to make money on an investment? Try supporting the investment instead of dumping all over it and then blaming someone else for your shitty decision making skills.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 04-28-2015 at 05:17 PM.

  3. #13
    Administrator Tsquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I realize it's probably best not to feed the trolls, but I'm a little confused by this.

    I'm looking at the chart, and I'm seeing price discovery happen on decreasing volume. So as a 'stake holder', you're responsible for making that happen. That's how economics work: Holding coins creates selling pressure which drives the price down. This is a very well understood aspect of economics and it's well documented.
    Don't know who you are, but first off I'm not blaming anyone for anything, and second, with a total of 10 buy orders on Bittrex (three of them mine) what option is there besides holding or accumulating more, and with about 1.5M DGC, I don't know how much more I want to buy at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post

    If things have changed, and it's not for the better, then do something about it. You're a stake holder, try driving some volume through the exchanges instead of whining about how you made a shitty investment decision and then didn't support it properly and now you lost your shirt. Want to see some new services? Try using your coin to pay a developer what he's due instead of expecting someone to come along and do the work for free you're unwilling to get your hands dirty and do yourself. Want to make money on an investment? Try supporting the investment instead of dumping all over it and then blaming someone else for your shitty decision making skills.
    You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've been here for over a year, and I have spent and given away more DGC than most people own. Likewise I have literally spend thousands of dollars supporting this project. Further, I've promoted paying developers and other activists from the start, and to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one around here who has actually done so.

    There are lots of things I can be criticized for, but maybe you should read some of my posts first so you can come up with some things that actually apply.

    TT

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Possibly unrelated? Maybe, but from this stake holder's perspective things have changed, and not for the better.
    Yep, very related.
    http://screencast.com/t/kudrDrBUUc

    Not much to say more.
    DGC: D8KU86c7sf8L9UPLU3jMLeadgaNsWrYMov
    Developing for http://digitalcoin.foundation/
    DGC/ARG/SRC Pool: http://mining.wtf/
    Star Citizen Organization: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/LADON/

  5. #15
    When Bitcoin falls in value a lot of people cash out their hoarded mined coins resulting in across the board declines in alt prices.

    We've seen this many times. When Bitcoin starts to rally I've seen the opposite happen and in fact made a lot of profit out of it.

    Jump back a couple of years and a lot of big money was made in alts which continued doubling in price many times. Their prices were very, very low before the first huge Bitcoin rally. PPC is a good example of this. I bought about 200k+ of them for hardly anything back then.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Don't know who you are, but first off I'm not blaming anyone for anything, and second, with a total of 10 buy orders on Bittrex (three of them mine) what option is there besides holding or accumulating more, and with about 1.5M DGC, I don't know how much more I want to buy at this point.



    You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've been here for over a year, and I have spent and given away more DGC than most people own. Likewise I have literally spend thousands of dollars supporting this project. Further, I've promoted paying developers and other activists from the start, and to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one around here who has actually done so.

    There are lots of things I can be criticized for, but maybe you should read some of my posts first so you can come up with some things that actually apply.

    TT
    Mmm... no. I stand by what I said. You spent money and it resulted in you losing it, and you're looking to blame Kenel for the outcome of your decisions. Obviously you spent it on the wrong things, because it didn't result in the ROI you wanted it to. How the hell is that Kenel's fault when the blockchain itself and the community that supports it is doing just fine, and has in fact out performed most other alt coins in terms of it's price->inflation ratio? I mean just look at LTC like Xawksow pointed out. If I was a 'stakeholder' as you put it? I'd absolutely prefer DGC to LCT's performance price wise, and LTC has a shit-ton more support.

    You don't know who I am, but I definitely know all about who you are and what you've done. Your history of bad decision making is, as you correctly pointed out, well documented on the forums which I have been reading. You've constantly attempted to subvert the open source model with your vision for centralization of power and democratization of the decision making process, and it's failed miserably. If it had worked, you'd have the "Captain of the Blockchain" title that you were so anxious for other stakeholders to vote for you to have. But it hasn't. Not only has your shitty decision making been well documented, but the damage it's done is now in the process of being undone, and the coin itself has a lot more interest in it as a result. If the price does ever recover, it will be in spite of all the bullshit you've pulled in the past with your power grabs and your haphazard flinging money at people, as if that's supposed to endear them, or me for that matter, to you.

    As I said, we've got people here who are getting their hands dirty while you whine about how you've spent and given away more than most people own like a self-entitled little bitch. Why don't you try writing some code... you know, the thing that moves the price up? Or if you can't do that, maybe you could shut the hell up while the rest of us get down to the business of doing so? We're a little preoccupied here with getting code written and your complaining about your poor decision making isn't adding to the discussion.

  7. #17
    Administrator Tsquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks for the reassurance samson and xawksow. It's nice to hear that the low price/volume is really pretty normal, and actually represents a buying opportunity. And thanks for the offer of a new title kenel. I'll think about that.


    Kevlar, what you don't understand is that I represent the other 7 billion people on this planet. The non-coders, the uninformed, the "average Joe" if you will, who don't check the github repo daily. Like it or not, when you address me publicly, you speak to all of us, and we really don't need to be convinced what a bad decision it was or may be, to invest in and support Digitalcoin. If you code well I'd stick to that and leave PR to the others, because if Digitalcoin is to succeed you're going to need many more of us whining bitches around.

    TT

  8. #18
    We are all in this together no one person should be responsible or blamed for any percieved loss of Digitalcoin value etc. Like its been mentioned before we all need to do our bit if we want to see Digitalcoin become successful. That includes all the lurkers in the main DGC channel and anyone else that wants to see Digitalcoin stand out from the crowd and gain much wider adoption.
    Digitalcoin - http://digitalcoin.co

    When it all seems like too much, remember.."Nike - Just Do It!"

  9. #19
    kenel
    Guest
    Aye aye captain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance samson and xawksow. It's nice to hear that the low price/volume is really pretty normal, and actually represents a buying opportunity. And thanks for the offer of a new title kenel. I'll think about that.


    Kevlar, what you don't understand is that I represent the other 7 billion people on this planet. The non-coders, the uninformed, the "average Joe" if you will, who don't check the github repo daily. Like it or not, when you address me publicly, you speak to all of us, and we really don't need to be convinced what a bad decision it was or may be, to invest in and support Digitalcoin. If you code well I'd stick to that and leave PR to the others, because if Digitalcoin is to succeed you're going to need many more of us whining bitches around.

    TT

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance samson and xawksow. It's nice to hear that the low price/volume is really pretty normal, and actually represents a buying opportunity. And thanks for the offer of a new title kenel. I'll think about that.
    I'm not sure it represents a buying opportunity, but it certainly is entirely expected, predicted, and even above where I would expect it to be given the economics.

    Kevlar, what you don't understand is that I represent the other 7 billion people on this planet. The non-coders, the uninformed, the "average Joe" if you will, who don't check the github repo daily. Like it or not, when you address me publicly, you speak to all of us, and we really don't need to be convinced what a bad decision it was or may be, to invest in and support Digitalcoin. If you code well I'd stick to that and leave PR to the others, because if Digitalcoin is to succeed you're going to need many more of us whining bitches around.

    TT
    Oh I agree with you when you say you represent the 7 billion other people on this planet who also make piss poor decisions with regards to how to spend their money. I wish more people would learn from your example. I wish I could reach the 7 billion others with my messages when I speak to you. I would be so fortunate...

    You apparently need to be convinced of something because you seem to think that your poor decision making is the fault of someone else. And no, this generation doesn't need to pander to you Millennials with your outdated thinking. Crypto currencies have been a resounding success on their technical merits alone. The coins in the top #5 market cap sure as hell don't have massive PR campaigns, they have massive teams of developers actively contributing to them. Meanwhile us coders are the ones making the decisions... not you, and I'm definitely not listening to you.

    Don't believe me? Try and convince me not to do something to the open source code base that is DGC. Stop me from making a change to it that you won't approve of. G'head. I'll wait...

    See? You can bitch and whine all you want, and it changed nothing. Meanwhile coders write code, and the market decides if it's worth adopting. You're an idiot if you think that coders deliver their code to end users on Github.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •